The ID.Buzz marks the latest addition to the Volkswagen Family of electric vehicles. It is a merging of two worlds combining the iconic VW bus with a modern twist in the form of a fully electric motor. We are so excited to see another electric option joining the VW family and can’t wait for their arrival in Canada in 2024!
Frequently Asked Questions About the ID.Buzz
- Will Vancouver Volkswagen sell the ID.Buzz?
- Yes! We are an EV certified Volkswagen dealership and the number 1 volume dealer in Canada for electric vehicles. We currently offer the Volkswagen ID.4 and can’t wait to open our doors to the ID.Buzz
- What inspired the ID.Buzz?
- The Volkswagen ID.Buzz offers a new take on the classic VW Microbus that gained popularity in the 60’s. You can see the design cues from the original bus throughout the ID.Buzz with some modern twists to bring it into the 21st century. You’ll find similar dedication to delivering a vehicle that is ready for everything from the daily commute to your next road trip. We think you will also be pleasantly surprised when you put your foot to the pedal and find the all-electric powertrain is ready to jump into action and get you to your next destination with zero emissions.
- What is the range of the ID.Buzz?
- The ID.Buzz is estimated to deliver a range of over 400 kilometres using the 77-kWh battery. These numbers are subject to change once the vehicle enters production and real world testing begins.
- Can the ID.Buzz drive itself?
- While the concept of self-driving vehicles isn’t new, Volkswagen’s ID.Buzz, however, is bringing something new to the table with self-driving technology unlike what is currently seen on the road today. It is currently undergoing testing to see the implications of creating self-driving delivery busses and taxis.
- What is the interior like?
- Bringing the microbus into the future means bringing the technology of today to the microbus. It already shares a platform with the ID.4 and you will be pleasantly surprised when you step inside to find a light and airy cabin with three rows of seating. You will also find that floating touch screen of the ID.4, and an impressive suite of driver technology right at your fingertips.
- What is Bi-directional charging? Does the ID.Buzz have bi-directional charging?
- Bi-directional charging means that you have the power to both charge up the ID.Buzz’s battery, but you can also use the battery to charge other things – like your house, camp stoves, or another EV.
- When can I get my ID.Buzz?
- The ID.Buzz world premier was on March 9th, but we will have to wait a while before we see it in Canada. UK will see the first models by the end of the year, but North America won’t see the vehicle until 2023 with plans for deliveries in 2024 in Canada.
Please note that at this time, most of the information available is available for the European model which will differ from the model available in Canada. We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available.